FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS REGARDING STATE OF EMERGENCY (SOE) DECLARATION:
2/7/2022 - REMINDER:
Just a reminder the State of Emergency (SOE) Declaration ends at 11:59pm tonight (https://www.sos.ok.gov/documents/Executive/2021.pdf). Although non-emergency locates may have been completed during the SOE, the revised Date of Notification on non-Emergency tickets will be 2/8/2022. If positive response hasn't been received by 2/11/2022, excavators may put in subsequent notices to have lines marked.
Excavation should only begin after positive response has been received by all companies.
The life of a ticket is still 14 calendar days from the original Excavation Date. Excavators will still need to update their ticket(s) with sufficient notice before 14 calendar days from the original Excavation Date.
2/2/2022 - STATE OF EMERGENCY DECLARATION:
The Governor has declared a state of emergency effective Midnight Wednesday – Feb. 2, 2022, Midnight to Monday – Feb. 7, 2022, Midnight. https://www.sos.ok.gov/documents/Executive/2021.pdf
- Those submitting non-emergency locate requests will receive a message letting them know that during the state of emergency, time limitations for marking facilities shall be inapplicable for the area of the emergency.
- Because it is important to ensure resources are available to deal with service restorations or other emergency issues during this time, underground lines may not be located and marked by the requested time.
- Anyone submitting non-emergency tickets during the state of emergency, will still need to ensure lines are marked and positive response has been received prior to digging.
- Information will be available on the ticket to let the Excavator know of the declaration and that locate by date/times are not effective during the emergency for excavation taking place in Oklahoma
- An IVR message will be put in place for callers to hear when they call in to submit a ticket letting them know of the state of emergency for the affected areas.
Even though date/time on the locate request are not effective during the state of emergency, locators may still respond to locate requests as resources are available. Please ensure lines are marked and positive response has been received prior to digging.
If the state of emergency declaration has expired and the excavator still does not have lines located or marked within 72 hours, not including weekends and holidays of the declaration ending, please submit a 2nd Notice ticket to OKIE811.
During the state of emergency, the “Date of Excavation” printed on the ticket will not be valid. To calculate the adjusted “Date of Excavation” to account for the days during the emergency declaration, the following should be followed:
- Date of Notification will be the first day following the expiration of the Emergency Declaration.
- Weekends and holidays will not count towards notice time.
- 48-hours will still be required to give locators time to respond.
Example: Date of Excavation requested to be 2/4/2022 but state of emergency is from 2/2/2022 through 2/7/2022. Date of Notification becomes 2/8/2022 plus 48-hours’ notice, puts the revised Date of Excavation at 2/11/2022.
Again, it is very important that anyone submitting non-emergency tickets during the state of emergency to still ensure lines are marked and positive response has been received prior to digging.