Each year, OKIE811 hosts an annual meeting to provide all our members the opportunity to learn about what is happening at OKIE811. Over 125 guests attended the OKIE811 Annual Meeting on March 23, 2017 in Norman, Oklahoma. We gave out approximately $2,000 in door prizes including a big screen television!
We look forward to seeing you at 2018’s annual meeting!
Susan Bohl, OKIE811 Executive Director, provided a report of 2016 finances. Jerry West, Damage Prevention Manager, discussed OKIE811 outreach and marketing efforts of 2016 and what is to come in 2017. Eva Donahue, Member Services Liaison, shared information about our growth in membership and upcoming membership verification. Troy Daniels, GIS Coordinator, offered a new product called Asset Assessment Report to project ticket production in a particular area.
Brian Horner, Operating Committee Chair, announced the election results of:
- To elect four (4) Directors – Travis Ashby, ONEOK; Gene Clark, AT&T; Richard Forney, Public Service Company of OK; Brandon Sternadel, Plains All American Pipeline; or if one or more should be unable or unwilling to serve, for any other nominee, each to serve until 2019, or until their successor shall have been elected and duly qualified; and
- To approve a change to the By-Laws of the Corporation adjusting the number of board members from seven (7) to no less than eight (8) and no more than ten (10); and
- To transact such other business as may properly come before the meeting or any adjournment thereof.
OKIE811 appreciates the involvement of our member companies to help promote safe digging and damage prevention within our state. We recognized the following for their volunteerism in 2016 for OKIE811:
- Laurie Burgess – Enable
- David DeBoer - CenterPoint
- Donnie Krumsiek - ONEOK
- Gary Loeffelholz – City of Norman
- Cindy Molloy – Plains All American PL
- Sherry Terry – Phillips 66
Here is a video for 2016 in review:
What’s Ahead for OKIE811?
- We’re moving! New Office Move Date is Targeted for May 20 & 21
- Open House coming this Summer – 6908 N. Robinson Ave. OKC
- Current office at 2831 NW 59th is For Sale! 6,000+ sqft for $701,500
- Utilizing the One-Call system for Other Types of Notifications to Underground Facility Owners / Operators
- Wildland Fires & Fire Breaks
- Statewide Damage Reporting through OKIE811 (voluntary)
- OKPERI – Oklahoma Pipeline Emergency Response Initiative
- Damage Prevention eLearning - webinars, videos and online offerings
- HB-1951 Municipalities Joining the One-Call – effective 11/1/2016
- 327 Current Municipal Members
- 258 still no response (some may not operate underground facilities)
- 2017 Fee Schedule changes
- Ticket Fee verses Notification Fee
- Fee for additional Outputs (first one is free)
- Possible Legislation affecting the One-Call
- HB-1376 addressing the definition of PUBLIC AGENCIES in the Underground Damage Prevention Act