Posted by Eva Donahue on 05/24/2021
LAW CHANGES COMING SOON:
Oklahoma Underground Facilities Damage Prevention Act
This is to notify you that HB 2028 has been signed into law by Governor Kevin Stitt. The highlighted changes are listed below and will become effective no later than November 1, 2021.
- The Life of a Ticket will be 14 Calendar Days
- Mandatory Positive Response for Members, Excavators and OKIE811
- Provisions for State of Emergency Declaration
- Required Damage Reporting to OKIE811 in addition to the Operator
- Better Defined Excavator Responsibilities around Hazardous Pipelines
- Excavator may be liable to Operator for misuse of Emergency Tickets
- Excavator may be liable to Operator for Excessive & Unreasonable Updates on a Ticket
Please stay tuned for more information and resources detailing the impact of these changes. Resources for communication and understanding of these changes will be available on our website June 1, 2021.
Stay Tuned at www.OKIE811.org
You may reference HB-2028 to review the language in detail.