OKIE811 wants to make it easy for Members to register for the Member Portal. This tutorial will guide you through the process of completing the registration form.
To register for the OKIE811 Member Portal
Go to www.OKIE811.org, hover over the Members Tab, and select Member Portal.
Click on OKIE811 Portal.
Then Select Sign Up in the top right-hand corner of the page.
You will see a pop-up in the middle of the screen. Please select the option that pertains to your role. (As a member you should only be selecting the “Member” or “Both” option).
Once you have selected an option you will receive another pop-up. Please enter your unique/individual email address here.
If your email is already registered, you will receive this pop-up. Please see the Existing User Form information on pages 7 & 8 if you receive this message below.
Next, you will select if you are an authorized contact. If you are not an authorized contact, Member Services will reach out to the authorized contacts for approval before granting access to Member Roles.
Next, enter your member code. If you have more than 1 member code, you will be given the option to add additional codes later. Your member code can also be found on your annual invoice and in the subject line of any emails received from Member Services
If you enter an invalid code, you will receive this message. You can contact Member Services to get your member code if needed.
After entering your member Code, you will receive a pop-up that will display the member code and membership name.
- List all dispatch(s) that should be linked to your account. Separate each code with a comma.
- Then select each feature you will need access to.
- Next select if you are responsible for responding to locate request notifications. If you select yes, additional fields will appear.
- Are you currently using a separate response system? Select the option that best fits your organization
- Please select the facility types you have registered with OKIE811.
Before submitting if you need to edit any information in the Member Portal Registration fields, simply click Edit to make the necessary changes.
In the next (3) sections below you will provide your user, contact, and ticket contact information. If you submit locate requests this is the information that will be shown on the locate request.
If the company and ticket contact information are the same you can choose the option to have those fields auto-filled.
When you are ready to finish select Submit in the top right corner of the page. Once you have submitted your form you will receive a verification email.
Approve your user account by clicking the link within the email. This should be completed within 120 minutes from the time you registered. If you do not receive the email, please check your junk/spam folders. If for any reason you are not able to verify in 120 mins or never received an email, contact Member Services so we can resend your verification email.
Existing User Form
If you received this pop-up when entering your email, click “HERE” to be taken to the Existing User Form.
You will need to provide your user information. Please provide the email you used to register for the portal.
Then select the Portal Features you would like access to and the dispatch code or codes you should be linked to. Then we need to know if you are responsible for responding to locate requests.
To finish the form, provide the information requested and complete the Captcha.
Once you have submitted the form and Member Services has processed your request you will receive a confirmation email to let you know your roles have been updated and it will include your username and instructions for logging in.
This form must be submitted or approved by an authorized contact currently on the membership account. A form must be completed for each person/user. Each user will need a separate/individual email address.
Benefits of Individual Users
- You can control who has access to certain features on the Portal.
- The Portal offers: Positive Response, Ticket Reports, Ticket Entry, Ticket Queue, and Find Ticket features. If you register users individually, you can choose which features each user has permission to access.
- Employee Changes
- It is easier to manage which users have access to the Portal in the event of an employee gain or departure.
- It will be easier for you to monitor users and their activity, if the users are registered individually.
- The system may change or update the password for another user with the same email. Any user with a shared email creates issues with the forgot password option because this change is based off the email address. You will have better control of updating your password with a unique email address versus a shared email address.
- Dispatch Codes
- Each user is linked to specific dispatch codes under your Membership. If you register a group email, everyone in the group will have Portal access to all your dispatch codes. It is easier for you to manage which users have access to each dispatch code if the users are registered individually.
For more assistance with different features of the portal, please click here.