Notify OKIE811 3 business days to 10 business days before you dig by calling 811 or creating a web ticket.
When making a locate request, have the following information ready:
- Excavator/Company Name
- Company Phone Number
- Contact Name
- Contact Numbers
- Type of Work/Excavation
- Street Address or similar
- Optional: GPS coordinates
- Driving directions with distances
- Locate Instructions (where digging where occur)
- Examples: front, back, sides, etc.
- Additional Information, including access issues
- Examples: locked gates, dogs, etc.
- Special Instructions
- Examples: Call before going to site, use flags and paint, etc.
OKIE811 will tell you which of our member companies will be notified about your excavation near their underground lines. We will provide you with a reference number that serves as proof of your call. We also keep a complete record of your call to verify your compliance with the law.
Within three business days of your completed call, you should receive a response from each of the notified companies.
An Emergency Request may be processed for the time when digging is scheduled to begin. An emergency is defined as: An endangerment to life, health or property where immediate excavation is required.
In accordance with state law, owners of underground facilities do have three business days to locate the lines at your requested location. Failure to comply with the law puts you at great risk of serious injuries, damages to vital services, and fiscal and criminal penalties imposed by state and federal agencies.