What is Positive Response?
Positive Response is communication from underground facility owner to the excavator regarding the status of the underground facility within the proposed area of excavation in response to a locate request. The portal is a resource available to members to document and record their responses to the locate request notifications received. The excavators will have the ability to look up the ticket and view the responses from members on the locate requests.
Positive Response is required by Law
In accordance with Oklahoma Underground Facilities Damage Prevention Act Section 63-142.6, all members shall locate and mark or otherwise provide the approximate location of underground facilities. Whenever an operator does not have underground facilities within the proposed area of excavation or demolition, the operator shall communicate this information to the excavator.
Positive Response option for high volume tickets
For members that receive a high volume of locate requests, use a ticket management system or use your own response system, you will want to register for the automated upload to the positive response servers. Please indicate your interest on the registration form. Member Services team will provide documentation outlining the set-up needed to enter responses into the positive response system.
Prepare to have the following information ready:
- Contact information for each user, such as name, email and phone number. Each user will need their own unique email address.
- Company information such as Name, Address, Phone number
- List of dispatch codes under your membership that should be linked to the user
- List of the registered facility types for each dispatch code
- Names of personnel responsible for responding to locate requests for each code and each facility type, more than one user may register to respond
- A registration form will need to be completed for each user.